The Philippine Passport is at all times the property of the Republic of the Philippines. It must be surrendered upon demand by an authorized representative of the Philippine Government.
Alteration, addition, or destruction of contents is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized change will render a passport invalid and will have accompanying penalties.
Using the passport as collateral is against the law and will automatically render the passport cancelled.
The information provided in the passport application form must be true and correct. The documents that will be submitted should be authentic. Under the law, making false statements in passport application form, furnishing falsified or forged documents in support thereof are punishable by law.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A PHILIPPINE PASSPORT
- The public is advised to check the validity of their current passports prior to booking their international flights. Flight bookings should ONLY be made if passports are still valid for at least six (6) months;
- Personal appearance is required for all applicants;
- Prepare all the originals and photocopies of the documentary requirements for passport application.
- To ensure entry to countries with strict dress codes, all applicants are required to wear decent clothing for passport photo capture. Plunging necklines, sleeveless clothing, spaghetti strapped tops, see-through tops, sando, tube tops, halters and the like are prohibited.
- Jewelries and contact lenses are not allowed during photo capturing;
AFTER APPLYING FOR A PHILIPPINE PASSPORT
- Applicant shall bring the passport receipt for release of their passport.
- For applicants 13 years old and above, immediately affix the signature on the third page of the passport booklet upon receipt of the passport. For minors 12 years old and below, leave it blank.
- Check if all the data on the passport are correct.
- If the applicant cannot personally claim his/ her passport, an immediate family member or an authorized representative shall present an Authorization Letter or a Special Power of Attorney, respectively, to claim the passport in behalf of the applicant.
- Passports unclaimed after six (6) months will be cancelled per Department Order No. 37-03.
- Do not staple anything on the passport booklet especially the covers as it may damage the electronic chip and render the ePassport unreadable.
- If the applicant wishes his/her passport sent by post/ mail, applicant needs to send/submit a self-addressed prepaid REGISTERED POST or PLATINUM EXPRESS POST return envelope.
APPOINTMENT IS NOT REQUIRED
If applying personally at the Philippine Embassy in Canberra, there is no need for an appointment as applicants are served on a walk-in basis. However, appointment is required during Mobile Missions/ Consular Outreach Programs. Check the schedule and announcement for Mobile Missions. (click here)
For Adult Applicants (18 years old and above)
For Minor Applicants (below 18 years old)
Phone No. +61.262732535 / 36 Ext. 231
Fax No. +61.262733984
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)