Republic of the Philippines
1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT 2600, Australia


Visa MRP


The Department of Foreign Affairs, through its Philippine diplomatic and consular establishments, is responsible for the administration abroad of Philippine immigration laws and regulations.

Aliens wishing to enter the Philippines need to apply for a visa to the Philippines. A visa means an endorsement made on a passport or travel document by the consular officer denoting that the visa application has been properly examined and that the holder is permitted to proceed to the Philippines. The visa thus issued is not a guarantee that the holder will be admitted into the country. Admission of aliens is a function of the immigration authority at the port of entry.

Click here for the list of foreign nationals allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa.

As a general rule, all incoming foreign passengers must be in possession of a travel documents valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended state in the Philippines. Click here for the advisory in this regard.

Visas are issued to aliens falling under the following categories:

A. Non-immigrants

B. Other Non-Immigrant Visas Allowed Under Special Laws

C. Immigrants

  1. Quota Immigrants
    • Preferred Quota Immigrants - Fathers and mothers of Filipino citizens who are 21 years of age or over; wives, husbands and unmarried minor children of permanent resident aliens
    • Non-Preferred Quota Immigrants
  2. Non-Quota Immigrants
    • Duly-accomplished application form (FA Form No. 3)
    • Current passport, valid for at least six months from the date of the anticipated entry into the Philippines
    • Four copies of recent passport-size photos (signed at the back)
    • Certified true copy of birth certificate and marriage certificate, if married
    • Police clearance (based on fingerprint check), issued by the Australian Federal Police or the police authorities of the place where applicant resides. Police clearance must be authenticated by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT)
    • Documentary evidence of financial capability,
      • Letter from the applicant's bank
      • Certified true copies of land titles
      • Investment certificates
    • If applicant is a minor, an affidavit of support and consent must also be submitted
    • In case the apllicant is a former Philippine citizen or has lost Philippine citizenship because of marriage to an alien, the following evidence of former Philippine citizenship must be submitted,
      • Old Philippine passport
      • Certified true copies of birth certificate
      • Certificate of naturalization
    • In case the applicant is married to a Filipino citizen, certified true copies of marriage certificate and data page of spouse's Philippine passport.
    • Medical certificate Form (FA Form No. 11). The form must be accompanied by the following,
      • X-ray film
      • Laboratory reports
      • AIDS test result
    • The examination must be performed within the last (3) months from the date of submission to the Philippine Embassy,
      • Processing fee of AUD330 (in the form of a Money Order or Bank Cheque made payable to the Philippine Embassy. If paying by credit card, please provide the credit card name, credit card number and expiry date.) the fee includes visa fee of AUD270, the authentication of the Police clearance, AUD45, and postage fee, AUD15
      • If sending by mail/ post, please have a Justice of the Peace/ Notary Public witness your signature on the second page of the application form
      • The visa, if granted, will be issued within two (2) weeks after the receipt of all the documents
      • The Embassy's mailing address is as follows: Philippine Embassy PO Box 3297, Manuka, ACT 2603

The Consular Officer may require the submission of additional supporting documents as he may deem fit under the circumstances.

The Embassy assumes no responsibility for any delay loss or damage in the mail or while the documents are in custody of the courier service. The applicant should note the tracking numbers of all envelopes used and submitted.


Re-entry permits are issued to aliens previously lawfully admitted to the Philippines for permanent residence who wish to depart for temporary visit abroad. A returning resident when in possession of a valid re-entry permit does not need a visa to re-enter the Philippines.

The holder of a re-entry permit which is soon to expire, and who desires its extension must apply for its extension with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration and Deportation.

Application for extension shal lbe made within 60 days before the date of expiration of the permit.

Related link:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)