Republic of the Philippines
1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT 2600, Australia

Dual Citizenship

Download PDF Petition under Oath Re-Acquire/ Retain Philippine Citizenship under R.A. 9225

Former natural-born Filipinos who have lost their citizenship by foreign naturalization may re-acquire or retain their Philippine citizenship. Likewise, their qualified dependents may also be included as beneficiaries and acquire the Philippine citizenship.

Qualified dependents are those children of applicants, whether legitimate or illegitimate or adopted, who are below 18 years old. There is a corresponding fee per beneficiary that is included in the application.

A child who is already 18 years old and above and was born when either of the parent was still a Filipino needs to apply for retention of citizenship on his/her own behalf.

For dual citizenship application, the following must be submitted to the Philippine Embassy in Canberra personally or by postal service:

1. Duly accomplished Petition under Oath which can be downloaded from www.philembassy.org.au;
2. For persons born in the Philippines, the original or certified true copy of NSO-authenticated Birth Certificate and original or certified true copy of old Philippine passport; If not available, at least two (2) of the following secondary supporting documents:
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Birth Certificates of Children
  • Marriage Contract
  • Land Titles
  • Proof of Service to Philippine Government
  • NBI Clearance
  • Other official and genuine documents which could prove natural-born citizenship
3. For persons born outside the Philippines, whose parents (one or both) were still Filipinos at the time of birth, the original copy of report of birth issued by the Philippine Embassy in the country of birth;
4. Three (3) recent passport-sized photos of the applicant taken against a white background;
5. Certified true copy of Certificate of Foreign Citizenship;
6. Certified true copy of the data page of foreign passport or driver’s license;
7. For married female applicants, the original or certified true copy of the Marriage Contract issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages;
8. If previously divorced, certified true copy of Final Decree of Divorce;
9. Certified true copy of birth certificate of beneficiary (minor children) included in the application;
10. Payment of processing fee of A$90.00 for primary applicant and A$45.00 for each beneficiary (minor children) included in the application by postal money order or bank draft payable to the Philippine Embassy; and
11. If applying by postal service, include a self-addressed stamped/prepaid return envelope and mail to the Philippine Embassy, 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT 2600.

The Embassy assumes no responsibility for any delay loss or damage in the mail or while the documents are in custody of the courier service. The applicant should note the tracking numbers of all envelopes used and submitted.

Related links:
Report of Birth
Report of Marriage
Schedule of Fees