Philippine Embassy, Canberra
1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT 2600
www.philembassy.org.au *Tel. No. 02-6273-2535*
Philippine Embassy in Canberra Congratulates
Academic Awardees of Defense Cooperation Scholarship Program
18 July 2023, CANBERRA - The Embassy of the Philippines in Canberra congratulates fourteen (14) Filipino scholars from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Department of National Defense (DND), and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) who received Academic Awards at awarding ceremonies held on 06 July 2023 in Canberra. The scholars are enrolled in various courses in Australia under the Defence Cooperation Scholarship Program (DCSP) and the ASEAN-Australian Defence Postgraduate Scholarship Program (AADPSP).
LTC Jerome Jabagat PA, who is finishing his Master of Human Resource Management at the University of Wollongong in New South Wales in August 2023, received the Academic Excellence Award - Highest Distinction.
The other graduate-awardees were:
Academic Excellence Award - High Distinction:
- MAJ Ryan Perez PA (Master of Counter Terrorism, Macquarie University);
- MAJ Mae Shane B. Hornido PA (Master of Human Resource Management, University of Wollongong);
- Ms. Leah D Foncardas (Masters in Human Resource Management, University of Wollongong);
Academic Excellence Award - Distinction
- LTC Michael Villanueva PA (Master in Strategy and Security Studies, Macquarie University);
- CDR Charity G. Copacio PCG (Master in Maritime Policy, University of Wollongong);
- LTC Omar Abdullah L Al Assaf PA (Master of Counter Terrorism, Macquarie University);
- LTC Junius N. Zulueta PAF (Master of Counter Terrorism, Macquarie University);
- LCDR Carlo T. Cuntapay PN (Master of Intelligence, Macquarie University)
- Mr. Ulyssess Garcia III (Master of Strategic Studies, Australian National University).
LTC Airos Marianna S. Conseja PAF, LTC Ross Mar P. Villareal COP, LCDR Chat Alfie P. Rosario PN, and LCDR Joey M. Callueng PN received High Distinction Awards for 2nd Semester 2022 for their ongoing courses.
The Australian Defence Cooperation Scholarship Program (DCSP) is offered by the Australian Defence Force (ADF) to the members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Department of National Defense (DND) and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG). DCSP is a one (1) year or one-and-a-half (1.5) year Diploma and master’s degree course in the fields of English teaching, Counter Terrorism, Maritime Security, Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Logistic Management, and Strategic Thinking at Australian universities.
The ASEAN-Australian Defence Postgraduate Scholarship Program (AADPSP), which was established as one of the initiatives from the ASEAN-Australia Special Summit on 18 March 2018, commenced in early 2019 to foster cooperation and further equip ASEAN practitioners in the field of regional defense engagement through a two (2) year Master of Strategic Studies postgraduate degree. This program is the first of its kind for ASEAN defense officials.
The Philippines and Australia have a proud history of defense cooperation and continue to pursue a robust security partnership. – END
Next PostPrevious Post