The Philippine Embassy in Australia wishes to share the following Hazardous Surf advisory for Queensland from the Bureau of Meteorology:
Hazardous Surf Warning for:
Capricornia Coast, Hervey Bay, Fraser Island Coast, Sunshine Coast Waters, Moreton Bay and Gold Coast Waters
- People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near surf-exposed areas.
- Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
- Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing or delaying their voyage.
- Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and wear a lifejacket.
- Boaters should remember to log on with their local radio base and consider their safety management plan.
For updates on Cyclone Oma, please visit: http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/warnings/hazardoussurf.shtml
The Embassy strongly advises the Filipino community in Queensland to observe the above warning and safety advice.