“POLO VALIDATION OF VACCINATION CERTIFICATE FOR RETURNING OFWs”
05 July 2021 – The Philippine Overseas Labor Office wishes to inform the Overseas Filipino Workers who are holders of Working Visas in Australia on the validation process of vaccination cards/documents of fully vaccinated returning Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) pursuant to the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) Resolution Nos. 123-C and 124-A.
Based on the DOLE Department Order No. 226, series of 2021 (Department Order No. 226-21 Guidelines on the Validation Process by Phil. Overseas Labor Offices (POLOs) of Vaccination Cards Documents of Fully Vaccinated Returning OFWs Pursuant to IATF Reso. Nos. 123-C and 124-A | Department of Labor and Employment (dole.gov.ph) and in consideration of the circumstances peculiar to Australia, please be guided with the following:
- Coverage: POLO validation process of vaccination shall cover all OFWs whether documented or undocumented.
Regular/Documented OFWs refer to those who possess a valid passport and appropriate visa or permit to stay and work (Temporary Work Skilled Subclass 457, Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482 and Temporary Work Short Stay Specialist Visa Subclass 400) in Australia and whose contracts of employment were processed by the POEA or POLO
Undocumented OFWs refer to those who possess a valid passport and whose contracts of employment were not processed by POLO/POEA.
- Documentary Requirements: The following are the requirements for uploading and should likewise be submitted to POLO-Canberra email thru email@example.com for validation:
- Covid 19 digital certificate or Immunisation History Statement issued by Services Australia which is generated from my.gov.au
- Valid Passport or Travel Document
- Proof of Overseas Employment, such as POLO verified employment contract, Overseas Employment Certificate or proof of OWWA Membership
- Process of POLO Validation:
Upon approval of the application, POLO-Canberra shall, through the ONEHEALTH PASS PORTAL, issue the POLO Vaccine Pass to the OFW. The POLO Vaccine Pass shall be sent electronically to the email address of the OFW registered in the ONEHEALTHPASS PORTAL.
- The returning OFW submits his/her application online by registering thru the ONEHEALTHPASS PORTAL accessible thru https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/e-HDC
- To complete the application, the documentary requirements shall be uploaded by the returning OFW through the ONEHEALTHPASS PORTAL.
- POLO Canberra shall validate the documents submitted either through the essential features of the Covid 19 Digital Certificate or Immunisation History Statement issued by Services Australia which is generated from my.gov.au, zoom video conferencing or through a three-way telephone conferencing with the OFW and the Services Australia.
- Submission/Uploading of Falsified Information or Documents: The OFW shall represent and warrant that all information and documents submitted in applying for a POLO Vaccine Pass are true, correct and complete based on his/her personal knowledge. If any information or document submitted is found untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, POLO Canberra reserves the right to disapprove the application and recommend the imposition of appropriate disciplinary action in accordance with the 2016 Revised POEA Rules and Regulations. - END